Followers

Friday, July 20, 2012

My Disclaimer

Thank you for the positive support.  I am a bit surprised that people care what I have to say because to be perfectly honest I don't care about other blogs.  I think blogs are stupid and I have resisted doing this for 2 years, but desperate times call for desperate measures and I am very isolated right now both in where I live and how I think compared to the fair southerners of Virginia. 

I have to write a disclaimer.  I will most likely offend someone in the process of writing this blog.  I have a habit of speaking my mind and it gets me into trouble all the time.  I have learned to keep my thoughts to myself.  I have been told that I shouldn't stay silent, that I have great things to say.  Then I go to church on Sunday, with other people and I feel  the spirit strongly urging me to speak a truth 'till I feel like I am going to burst.  I love it when there is one person in the room who "gets it", unfortunately there is usually a counter-point person upset at my comment and the feel of the spirit vanishes.  I don't like that feeling, I don't like the spirit leaving me, so I have learned to keep my mouth shut.  Of course now I don't have to worry about it at all since I haven't been to church in 18 months.  It is to early for me and the time will never change since it is a small branch.

So let me say before hand I am very sorry if I write something that offends you.  These are my experiences from my point of view and they hold the conclusions that I have come to form in my twisted brain.  I have been treated very badly in my life and I am going to admit to times that I buckled under the pressure, but on the whole I am amazed at what I have been able to endure and still like the person I am.

I have felt Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for me.  They told me they love me and no person on this earth can replace what I feel for them.  I am more than willing to die for them, but what I am finding a lot harder is being willing to live in whatever circumstance is set before me.  I might not do it with a smile on my face, but I am doing it.

6 comments:

  1. I am proud of you too. I am glad to call you friend and if you offend others they should just stop reading. This is your this is your personal thoughts theirs. I don't read others blogs cause I don't really find their stuff worth spending time on. For now I will find at least these 5 min to check in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, on the other hand, do enjoy reading blogs. People are incredibly honest in them and that is what I like, integrity. I have always striven for it, and I admire others who do too. Keep it up Becky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do you find what you want to read? How do you decided out of the many choices?

      Delete
    2. I like intellectual LDS blogs like http://www.mentaltesserae.com/ and literary agents' blogs for writers, such as these: http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/2010/08/5-literary-agent-blogs-aspiring-writers-should-read/

      Also, I like cooking blogs (like SMitten Kitchen), fitness blogs (like Toneitup and pure2raw) but I spend MOST of my time on genealogy blogs--they are always posting cool old documents and miraculous finds that inspire me to take my sleuthing up a notch! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there!

    I love your candid thoughts and please keep writing! You have so many cute and funny stories that should be shared! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you won't see me getting offended, so write away! :)

    "It is reported that President Brigham Young once said that he who takes offense when no offense was intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense was intended is usually a fool." --Marion D. Hanks, January 1974 Ensign

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. I hope I have fixed any problems. Thank you.